Sheels Hindi to English Dictionary
Excellent translation and language-learning resource built by Sheelnidhi Gupta
- Category General
- Program license Free
- Version 2.0
- Size 8.59 MB
- Works under: Windows 2000 / Windows 7 / Windows 2003 / Windows 8 / Windows NT / Windows ME / Windows 98 / Windows 95 / Windows Vista / Windows 8.1 / Windows 98 SE / Windows 10 / Windows XP
- Program available in English
- Program by Sheels Dictionary
If you need to translate Hindi to English or English words to Hindi, Sheel's Hindi to English Dictionary just might become your new favorite piece of software.
Whether you have friends and family living overseas who speak Hindi, or you just love visiting Hindi websites, you'll find that there are limitations to how you can translate between the two languages. Chrome and other browsers come with free settings and extensions that you can download to translate a website from one language to the next, but those extensions may miss out on certain words or encounter other problems. With this simple little dictionary, you can get help translating words both online and off.
This is a great piece of software for those who want to learn Hindi too. Instead of investing in an expensive keyboard that lets you type Hindi characters, you can use the built-in Hindi keyboard that comes loaded with this software to type Hindi characters on your own keyboard. You'll also love that it features more than two million words and translations. You can search for Hindi words and get the English equivalent, or you can type in an English word and find the Hindi translation.
Though some love the interface and find that it's easy to use, others may find that the interface looks more complicated than they expected and that it takes them a little longer to figure out how to use it. Once you have a better grasp on the languages though, you'll have an easier job of translating with this software. A button at the very top lets you switch between those language settings, and a second button lets you add new words to the dictionary.
The downside to Sheel's Hindi to English Dictionary is that it only lets you search for and translate a single word at a time, which makes putting together sentences difficult. If words have multiple meanings, you may find it hard to figure out exactly what the word means without looking at the context of the surrounding words. Some users also dislike the lack of support. While you can use this dictionary online and even find some support via the official website, finding help relating to specific features is often hard. If you want to communicate with others and translate between the two languages though, Sheel's Hindi to English Dictionary is an excellent option.
- Comes with translations for more than two million words
- Helps you easily translate from Hindi to English or English to Hindi
- Basic interface is suitable for all users
- Shows you similar words to the one you searched for
- Lets you add new translations of your own
- Doesn't translate phrases or complete sentences
- Interface looks like something from the 80s
- Some may have problems using the interface
- Doesn't give you a lot of context
- Not a lot of online support from the developer